Tuesday, April 14, 2015

PhD is now a Ta Da

It only took me 3 years but I finally finished the Kitties in the Garden quilt!   I first mentioned it during the Dots hop in September 2012. Then I put it away and tried to get it done for the quilt show in 2013. It came out again for the quilt show in 2014.  I've been working on it off and on this year, was hoping to get it finished for a March birthday but I managed to get it finished within the month of My birthday.  :) After tossing the quilt in the washer I went to the grocery store with my sister in luv, as I was driving I looked down and realized that I was wearing the same fabric as the quilt. I had bought extra yardage for the dress and the leftovers went into the quilt.  A fitting outfit for the last stages of the quilt.
I am working on two tote bags for a Sew nSwap fb swap. I received my first package yesterday.  Jane even included a mouse for the kitties. Espresso thought she should be able to play but Stanley said "it's all mine" Texas catnip must be better than regular stuff cause Stanley usually ignores the stuff.
The tote bag is adorable - especially the teapots and tickets.  I love the aqua and red together too!  Thanks Jane!  Yours is still in the works and will be going out next week.
This week is the Have a Latte hop - I'm still awaiting the fabric, my day is Friday. I'm seeing some late night stitching in the future!

1 comment:

Scrapatches said...

Pretty quilt! I like the backing, too. Pretty lady! Pretty tote bag! Pretty kitty! I am so happy I found your blog today. Looking forward to your latte project ... :) Pat